Recent Research Publications & News
- We welcome our Summer 2017 NSF interns Celina and Jahvea to the lab! They will be segmenting CT data and constructing finite element models of large carnivoran species like lions and hyeans. Welcome to the Tseng Lab!
- Lawrence and Jonathan presented the result of their pinniped jaw biomechanics research at the annual symposium for student excellence in April, 2017.
- Jack conducted fieldwork in central Mexico during late March, in the Juchipila Basin of Zacatecas State.
- Paper published in Vertebrata PalAsiatica by Jack and collaborators at the Institute of Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology (Chinese Academy of Sciences)
- Jack is attending the 76th Annual Meeting of the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology 26-29 October, 2016 in Salt Lake City. He will be speaking to PhD candidates interested in joining the Lab. Co-authored abstracts include:
Deng, T., Wang, X., Li, Q., Tseng, Z., Hou, S. QUATERNARY FAUNAL REPLACEMENT IN NORTHERN CHINA BY PLIOCENE MAMMALS FROM THE TIBETAN PLATEAU
- Paper published in Royal Society Open Science by Jack and collaborator Susumu Tomiya:
News coverage on the study: Science Magazine, Forbes, University at Buffalo, Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, American Museum of Natural History, and many other news outlets.